- Health systems
- PhD Epidemiology and Public Health, 2019 Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
- Doctor of Medicine and Master of Business Administration (MD, MBA), 2012 Ateneo de Manila University, Metro Manila, Philippines
- BSc in Biology, 2006 Ateneo de Manila University, Metro Manila, Philippines
- 2020 to date: Associate Editor, BMC Health Services Research
- 2019-2020: DOST Balik Scientist, Health Human Resource Development Bureau, Department of Health, Metro Manila, Philippines
- 2015-2019: PhD Scholar, Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute, Basel, Switzerland
- 2014-2015: Public Health Leadership Fellow, Ateneo de Manila University, Metro Manila, Philippines
- 2012-2014: Research Associate, University of the Philippines Manila - National Institutes of Health, Metro Manila, Philippines
Harvy is a medical doctor and a health systems specialist with research interests focused on low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). As Postdoctoral Fellow in UNU-IIGH, he will explore the topic of evidence-informed policymaking in the context of supporting the effectiveness of global health policies.
In the Philippines, he has supported the Department (Ministry) of Health in the area of human resources for health, particularly in projecting future health workforce requirements for the country. For his PhD thesis, he analysed decentralization of health services in the Philippines and its relationship with health systems strengthening. He has also conducted research on the control of soil-transmitted helminthiasis.
Read his publications here.