- DATE / TIME:
RESPOND would like to warmly invite you to join them at the live, virtual RESPOND People-Centred Symposium 2022 chaired by Martin McKee and Dina Balabanova.
The symposium will showcase the lived experiences of people who seek, provide, or enable chronic illness care navigate health systems. Now we need to hear from more service users, health care providers, carers and communities – we need help from people with lived experiences to understand the challenges they face and find ways to move forward.
They invite you to join them in an open discussion about why health systems often fail, how to respond to the needs of those which these systems have been designed to serve, and where to find answers. Together, let’s put people into the centre of chronic care.
The zoom link to join this symposium will be sent to the registered attendees a few days before the event. Follow them on the RESPOND website, Twitter and Facebook for more details.
Speakers at the Symposium:
- Prof Martin McKee, Professor of European Public Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Prof Dina Balabanova, Professor of Health Systems and Policy, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Dr Hans Henri Kluge, Regional Director for Europe, World Health Organisation
- Joia S. Mukherjee MD, MPH, Chief Medical Officer, Partners In Health I Associate Professor, Harvard Medical School
- Prof Trish Greenhalgh, Professor of Primary Care Health Sciences, Fellow of Green Templeton College, University of Oxford
- Dr Sharmila Mhatre, A/Director, Public Health Program, Open Society Foundations
- Luthfi Azizatunnisa MPH, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Dr Fiona Samuels, Senior Research Fellow, Gender Equality and Social Inclusion programme, ODI London I Honorary Associate Professor, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Dr Eleanor Hutchinson, Associate Professor in Anthropology and Public Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Prof Lia Palileo-Villanueva, Associate Professor, University of the Philippines – Manila, College of Medicine
- Dr Nafiza Mat Nazir, Medical Lecturer & Family Medicine Specialist, Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM), Malaysia
- Dr Mohd. Nasir bin Mohd. Ismail, Postdoc Fellow, United Nations University – Institute for Global Health
- Benjamin Palafox, Research Fellow, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Jhaki Mendoza, Research Associate, University of the Philippines – Manila, College of Medicine